Friday 9 December 2016

Biscuit Blog: Crawford's Ginger Nuts

Crawford's Ginger Nuts



I must say that these do come in a very long packet and while they may cost more than supermarket own brands they are decent value for what you get.  Interesting the first flavour you get when you bite into them is almost orangey,  It is not unpleasant.  The snap is of a medium strength, not as strong as you often find with Ginger Nuts but certainly well away from crumbling to powder as happened on some poor quality ones.  One problem is that the ginger flavour is slow to develop and I had to eat four before I got that on my tongue.  I did find these biscuits moreish, but I think that is in part due to the time needed to build up the flavour on my tongue.  I wonder if that is intentional on the part of the makers.  They could be improved with more gingeriness going on right from the start.

Rating:
*****

P.P.
Looking back over the biscuits I have reviewed since this time last year, it is interesting to see those which have attracted the most and least attention.  The clear stand-out biscuit for viewing by readers is the Sondey Butter Rings, despite me scoring them only 2 stars back in March:

http://rooksmoor.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/biscuit-blog-sondey-butter-rings.html 

The ones which have attracted least attention from readers are the Lotus Speculoos biscuits, I reviewed a year ago, despite me giving them 5 stars.  This maybe because they were on the end of my first biscuit blog entry and there is stuff about vloggers getting book contracts to start with.

http://rooksmoor.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/biscuit-blog-lotus-speculoos-biscuits.html

It will be interesting to see what attracts most interest next year and indeed whether any new kinds of biscuits are on the market.  Saying that I still have work to do getting through Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Aldi and if I can find one somewhere, Morrisons.

No comments: